The THK Group contributes to both society and the economy through our pioneering role as manufacturers of Linear Motion Systems and other unique guides. We also believe that it is a company's social responsibility to leave the global environment in a healthy state for the next generation, which is why we are promoting the following initiatives to continually decrease environmental burdens and sustain and improve the natural environment.
THK Group's Basic Environmental Policy
- We consider conservation of the environment a major management challenge, and we are striving to accurately understand the influence our business activities, products, and services make on the environment. All divisions set relevant environmental goals and address this challenge.
- In addition to complying with environmental laws, we have set self-imposed standards that are reviewed regularly to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our environmental management.
- We will continually promote the development of products that help reduce environmental burdens.
- We will cut down energy use in business activities and continually promote the reduction of specific energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- With a particular focus on the reduction and recycling of waste from our manufacturing division, we will not only continue to promote the saving and recycling of resources but also strive to prevent pollution.
- To create greater unity in our environmental activities, we provide guidance and support to our affiliate companies and business partners, and also strive to work in cooperation and harmony with the community.
- This basic environmental policy is disseminated to all divisions in the group through education, training, and awareness improvement activities, and the timely release of information on the environment, within and outside the group, is promoted.
Revised on June 3, 2013